Wednesday was one of my worst days in a long time. Evan had a big breakdown at school and was yelling at me from 1 - 2:30. I should have called his mom sooner than I did, but he was calming down then would flare up again that kind of thing. He threw a glue stick at me. Very fun.
"Mrs. AT-KISS-ON!!!!"
"You are ruining my LIFE!"
"You can't punish me, only my Mom and Dad can!"
"It's your fault, you make writing BORING!"
The mom's reading this are like, 'Please, toughen up. I hear that attitude a lot.' It is hard to keep 22 other kids calm and focused during such a disruption, so factor that into my bad day.
Now I am sick, probably from stress. Although, today was better. I started tutoring one of the kids in my class and it went really well. Plus, extra money! :)
3 comments:
Oh geez, sounds horrible. I'm sure I would have had a crying attack in front of all the kids! I had a 6th grader tell me that last year, and scream at me how much he hates me. I bawled my eyes out...after he left. Sorry about that.
Your post about Sethie was too cute, you're such a good wife. Love you guys!
Are you familiar with Love and Logic for the classroom? It might work for you.
The mom's reading this are like, 'Please, toughen up. I hear that attitude a lot.'
I haven't been a mom for very long so maybe I don't count, but I have ultimate sympathy for a teacher-- so many different kids to teach all at once!!! You're such a trooper!!
Post a Comment