I went in for my ultrasound on Wednesday at 4:00 and the baby was moving and moving. Then when it came time to check if it was a he or a she its little legs were up over the body and the knees were shut tight together. No amount of prodding or poking could get it to move.
My appointment time ended and the nurse told me I could come back in a week for another ultrasound but I couldn't schedule it. I would just have to call in every morning and try to get fit in. The problem is a work in West Jordan and the Dr's office is in Orem. Also, I teach. So if they say, "Yeah, come in at 1:00 today." I can't do it, I can't get a sub in time.
I was BROKEN hearted. I was trying so hard not to cry while I was in there, and be grateful we saw the baby and it was healthy, but my disappointment was extreme. I was so looking forward to finding out the gender. We left and I sobbed. Seth said, "Nope, we are going to get an ultrasound at the mall." So we figured out the number and drove down to Sandy for an ultrasound at Fetal Photos in the mall. As soon as he put the machine on my stomach he said, "This is a perfect position! It's a girl!" Then he just let us see her and we watched her lay with her arm up over her head. And we saw her moving her lips. It was incredible. As soon as he said, "It's a girl!" I started sobbing all over again. I can't believe it! A daughter! Seth was pretty excited too, not as emotional as I was of course. :)
Anyway, we are excited to meet our little girl in June. We love her already!
7 comments:
What an exciting/emotional day. I am so excited!
I bawled when I saw Benny's little feet and his little boy part. That is so exciting, Jackie! I cannot wait to meet this little miss.
We are so excited for you guys! YAY for girl cousins. How frustrating when you couldn't see it! AHHH! I'm so glad she was cooperative the second go around.
Oh hooray for little girls!
Did you get the 3-d ultrasound where you can really SEE what the baby looks like?
And congrats about a girl!
YAY! Good for Seth for fixing everything!
Makes me laugh thinking how emotional every woman is when she's pregnant.
Hoorah! Hoorah!!! Hazzah!
Post a Comment