Tuesday, November 11, 2008

An Awfully Wonderful Day

Basically, I had the worst and the best day yesterday. I don't want to get into why it was the worst, one word sums it up: Evaluation. Yet, another word sums up why it was the best: Celine.

My Father-in-Law called me last night (after I had been crying for hours) and tells me that Christmas is 45 days away. Then he says, "Well for you Christmas is 11 days away, because I pulled your name for Christmas and I thought you would like to go to the Celine Dion concert next week." After sad crying for hours, what's another hour for happy crying? I can't believe my in-laws. They are terrific.

Celine, here I come!

5 comments:

Saren Atkisson said...

yes you had a best/worst day! I bet your so excited and so is hannah isnt she going with you?

Kristin said...

I am jealous! But you totally deserve it! Have fun and takes lots of pictures.

Amy said...

No way! That's so awesome! That's the best Christmas present ever. :)

Kay said...

Have lots of fun at the concert! That's an awesome christmas gift!


Evaluations are never really true because they never point out all the things you are truly great at. When I had to give evals as a supervisor my boss wasn't happy unless I found more things they needed to improve on then they did well.
And if your kids coming to school are happy to see you, you are doing a great job. Kids are sometimes much better judges of the job you do.

Megan said...

I am totally jealous! That sounds like so much fun! Your in-laws love ya! What a great end to an otherwise horrible day! Cheer your lungs out for me and don't do anything I wouldn't do!