Time for some more kid quotes!
Jacob: "I got it at, umm, you know, that place that sells junk but it isn't a junkyard?"
Me: "A pawn shop?"
J: "No..."
M: "DI?"
J: "Yeah!"
I was emotional in class discussing Martin Luther King Jr..
Odin: "Mrs. Atkisson, are you crying?"
Evan: "Don't worry Mrs. Atkisson, when Jesus comes again everyone will be resurrected."
Kendel: "Yeah, and sharks won't eat people anymore."
Evan was awarded the Star Student Award on Thursday. On Friday I asked him to quiet his voice and he replied, "Don't you remember the Principal said to be nice to the Star Students?"
In line he announced to his fellow class members, "Guys, respect the Star Student."
We wrote love poems after the style of a "Love is" poem.
Jayden wrote:
Love is like a cat.
Love is like a game.
Love is like a song.
Love is like a lego.
Jacob wrote:
Love is like a rose.
Love is like a rose.
Love is like a rose.
Love is like a rose.
Evan is obsessed with the fact that June 5th is our last day of school. "Last day ever?" he asks. "No, just for the summer, then in the fall you will be in second grade." I reply, over and over. The other day he started crying, "I don't want to leave." Then a chorus of 7 year old voices say, "I don't want to leave either!" In my head I think, 'I don't want to leave either.'
4 comments:
That's awesome Jackie! I love it. I always knew DI sold junk but never could prove it. :) I'm glad you're loving teaching.
I really like the shark comment.
Haha. I am really looking forward to hearing funny things when I have my classroom.
I tagged you. See my Sunday post.
Post a Comment