Tuesday, June 28, 2011

One Whole Year

Last weekend we celebrated Maxine's birthday. My little baby, born all chubby and red, is a whole year old. I can't hold her the way I used to, but I can chase her. I can't sleep next to her anymore, but I can put her to bed with a squeeze. I can't lay her on my bed, but I can bounce her on there. She's not quiet anymore, but she can chatter with me. 

No matter what changes have occurred and are yet to occur, I can still, and always will:

sing to her
hug her
laugh with her
read to her
be enamored by her
and forever and forever I will always love her. 

I love you my sweet little toddler. You're the apple of my eye and the joy of my life.


2 comments:

Ben and Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Maxine!!! Time sure goes by fast!

Haley and Mitch said...

Oh Jack! That first photo really brings tears to my eyes. You are both so beautiful. Little Maxine is such a doll!!!