Then I got a call from a girl in my ward who said, "Hey, I'm in your ward and we live in the same building. I have an 11 month old son. Can we come up and meet you?"
Yes, that was the start of my friendship that changed Chicago for me. Honestly, I couldn't have planned where we live any better. Our kids are the same age, we're interested in the same things, she has lived here for long enough to know where stuff is and how to get there, and she's super fun.
You all know what it feels like to make a new friend. It's awesome huh? What an answer to a prayer.
Our cute kids. Keys are so cool apparently.
Ready to swim.
Having the best summer ever!
(Does that sound yearbooky to anyone else?)
4 comments:
Yay for friends. I am so glad that you have someone with you to play in Chicago. And let me say that she is lucky to have found you. I can't wait to hear all the adventures you have! Miss you!
So glad you found a friend-- just don't get too attached we want you back!!! Hope you are still well in Chi Town and happy birthday to Maxine this week-- the 25th right? Yay for one year down-- they keep getting cuter, funner, and easier from here!!!
It's the best! Completely makes all the difference. Maxine is so big, can't believe it. Have fun in Chicago!
Hooray for friends in Chicago!
Post a Comment