I grew up baking cookies with my Dad. I'd sit on the counter and help him add the sugar, taste the dough, add the butter, taste the dough, add some chocolate chips, taste the dough. I was a super big help, obviously.
I cherish those memories of making cookies with my Dad. He was always so patient to let me help and make up jobs for me to do. I'm grateful for the memories he gave me by spending 20 minutes every now and then making cookies with me.
Today, I wanted some chocolate, well, everyday I do, so I decided to make brownies. As Maxine ran around my legs I thought, perhaps it's not too early to start this tradition with my own kids. I pulled her up on the counter and had her help me.
She helped tip the sugar measuring cup over. She helped get butter all over her pants. She held an egg for a moment before it was ready to be cracked. She helped almost grab a nearby knife. So, we have room for improvement, but all in all, it was a fun moment for her and I.
At the very end I gave her the spatula to lick. She'll probably be wanting to help me again.
4 comments:
oH MY HEAVENS SOO CUTE! Dad used to put you on the counter in your car seat! that is how little you were when you started baking wityh dad :) I still have that colleceetable Nestles toll house cookie jar shaped like a house that will go to you to remind you of that :) maybe when you get settled Ill dig it out adn you can have it now :) Thanks soo much for posting and making videos. It is soo hard to be soo far!
Love you both!
mom / grandma B or my street name Nana B :)
That is the cutest little brownie face I ever did see.
So cute!
Cute Cute Cute!! I'm with Seth, I don't think there is a cuter brownie face around!
Post a Comment